- Debenhams' Christmas sales drop as it continues talks with lenders City A.M.
- Underwhelming sales performance from Tesco Ireland as Aldi sees boost The Irish Times
- Tesco outshines rivals with best Christmas since 2009 RTE.ie
- Tesco flat but Aldi upbeat in competitive market Independent.ie
- Marks & Spencer reports a 2.1 per cent drop in food sales over the Christmas period Daily Mail
- View full coverage on Google News
Sales at troubled department store chain Debenhams dived over Christmas, its latest trading update revealed today, sending its share price even lower.
Irish arm of Tesco reports flat like-for-like sales over the 19 weeks ending January 5th
Tesco today defied the UK retail industry gloom, saying improvements in its own-brand ranges helped deliver its best Christmas in nearly a decade.
Tesco posted flat like-for-like sales in Ireland in the 19 weeks to January 5, having been impacted by intense competition.
Tesco's cut-price deals on 'Festive 5' Christmas vegetables, lamb and beef joints helped the retailer report a 2.2 per cent rise in UK like-for-like sales over the festive period.